Why Pet Insurance is So Important For Your Pets & Your Finances
A lot of families throughout the UK have a pet of some kind and whether you are a dog lover or a cat lover they need protecting. Both dogs and cats have tendencies to be mischievous and rummage around in places that can contain harmful objects and items that can be very dangerous to their health, and in the event of your pet coming down with a disease veterinary bills can be expensive. The last thing you need is to pay hundreds of pounds to have your pet seen to or operated on, especially in the difficult financial times we are currently in.
Without any kind of pet insurance in place you could really struggle by if you have to pay these bills yourself, yet for a small monthly fee you can give yourself peace of mind in the event of your pet falling ill or needing emergency surgery. Having pet insurance is an important factor if you own a pet, and most people treat their pets as part of the family.
So why should you take out pet insurance?
• Emergency visits to a vet cost around £300 on average
• Ongoing treatment for a pet without any insurance can be very expensive
• MRI scans can cost between £800 – £1,000
• X-Rays can cost between £100 – £150
• If you own a pedigree pet the veterinary bills are likely to be more expensive